In the mid-1800s, to accommodate a growing number of German-speaking immigrant workers to Bethlehem, the Holy Ghost Catholic Church (originally named St. Bernard’s) was built on the South Side of the city.
Dates: Late 1950s-Late 1960s, Lehigh University Purchased 5 of the 8 buildings in 1986, Lehigh University purchased the last 2 in 2013
Type: Commercial, Academic
Name Variations: Mountain Top Campus
Architect: Furness & Evans
Dates: 1907, 1941 Remodel, 1958-1959 Remodel
Name Variation: The Commons, Dining Hall
In honor of Robert A. Lamberton (President of Lehigh University, 1880-1893)
If a neighbor hadn’t seen smoke pouring from 433 Vine Street, fire may have claimed the Iampietro family and their home. John Iampietro remembers the source of the fire – a cigar butt a boarder had left in his coat pocket for later.