The Armory was built in 1930, in Art Deco style. It has been unoccupied since 2010, and has been the subject of redevelopment studies, generally for residential uses. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
If a neighbor hadn’t seen smoke pouring from 433 Vine Street, fire may have claimed the Iampietro family and their home. John Iampietro remembers the source of the fire – a cigar butt a boarder had left in his coat pocket for later.