The Joseph A. Ricapito Memorial Band Shell was donated to the City of Bethlehem by the Sertoma Club of Bethlehem in 1982. Ricapito was one of the founders of the Bethlehem Municipal Band, as well as the director from 1935-1965. Ricapito was also the director of the Libery High School Band.
Also called the Soldier's Monument, this memorial was erected by the Grand Army of the Republic, J.K. Taylor Post #182, in 1887 to honor those who died during the Civil War. The monument was originally located on Market Street in Bethlehem, but was moved to its present location in 1967.
In 1927, the City of Bethlehem bought the land for this seven and a half acre park. In addition to the rose garden, the park includes a bandshell where Bethlehem's bands put on concerts during the summer.