Like Broughal Middle School, Central School was an important place for the children of the neighborhood. Not only was it the elementary school for most of the children not attending parochial schools, but it was one of the main gathering places in the neighborhood.
Architect: Addison Hutton (1834-1916) Patrons: William H. Chandler; Harry M. Ullmann Dates: 1882-1884, Extending of the West Wing 1929, Ullmann Wing added 1937, 1976 remodel Type: Academic Nickname: Chandler Name Variations: Chemical Laboratory
By 1966 the City of Bethlehem acquired the last of the homes in the Lost Neighborhood through purchase and eminent domain. By 1967, the demolition of the homes in the Lost Neighborhood was complete and construction began.